ANALYST, COST CONTROL SPECIAL PROJECT #2
Work Location Tembagapura, Ref. ID - 35789
Application Deadline Saturday, March 30, 2013
Analyst, Project Cost Control
- Assist superior to monitor and cost control Engineering and Construction projects, estimate, forecast, and report as early as possible potential cost overrun for every SIB (stay in business) capital construction in order to meet construction objectives within time, approved budget and client satisfactory.
- Analyze approved AFE, study the scope of works, cost estimate, and drawings in order to prepare appropriate project budget and cost/cash flow schedule.
- Analyze breakdown structure of a project and its approved cost estimate and break down the cost to follow the breakdown structure and set up job number structure to effectively monitor and control project cost.
- Prepare weekly QURR (Quality Unit Rate Report), field monitoring, calculate actual % complete to date, taking progress pictures, and construction narrative to measure project productivity and cost effectiveness to Management and give feedback to area owner to continuously improve quality and productivity and as one of the tools to measure KPI bonus.
- Estimate cost and erection man hours for Operating
- Departments work orders, monitor and control cost allocation to ensure accurate cost allocation and promote cost effectiveness. Analyze variance and prepare FCN (field change notice) to have allocated budget adjusted. Check and monitor accurate job number usage for purchase and warehouse requisitions, steel and fabrication work orders to LIP, equipments, small tools, and concrete delivery timesheet, etc. in order to have the right actual cost allocation to each project to accurately monitor project progress and to ensure and promote cost effective to support company 5% challenge program.
- Analyze monthly man-hours report and its overtimes (labor costing) to provide feedback to each area owner to effective manpower utilization to compliance with safety regulations and improve productivity.
- Analyze and calculate monthly actual labor rate to each project to be compared with the estimate rate as a tool to review and control performance, measure progress made, and cost forecasting to the end of project.
- Assist superior in preparing cost report on weekly and monthly basis based on job numbers and cost estimate structure and then distribute these reports to management and to its area owner to show project progress and as a tools to effectively monitor and control cost for each projects.
- Assist superior in determining which projects to be carried over to the following year and calculate cost to be carried to the next year budget to ensure the remaining cost to the completion of project are included on the following capital budget.
- Administer and maintain appropriate filling system for all project & cost control document archives to easily be located when needed.
- Ability to estimate and forecast total final erection man-hours at completion for every project, on how to make the best forecasting with a minimum variance.
- Ability to assist superior in forecasting, and justifying any possibility of cost overrun to obtain approval for budget adjustment in order to prompt the construction projects.
- Ability to make the right calculation based on close monitor and control on actual productivity and to bring and deliver this calculation and enforce responsible person to improve performance, especially for those with lower productivity.
- Project Management knowledge.
- General Construction knowledge.
- Ability to read construction specification and construction drawings.
- Ability to use scheduling software like Primavera and/or Microsoft Project.
- Ability to generate "material take-off" and quantity estimate from a drawing.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Presentation, MS Project).
- Analysis skill.
- Communication skill.
- Accurate, persistent and consistent person.
- Analytical thinking.
- Communication skill.
- Consistency and accurate person.
- Number of projects to be managed in year 2001: 16 projects with total value of US $26 Million.
- Number of direct labor employees to be arranged the "resource level" in year 201: 146 direct labor employees.
The background, education, and work experience needed to succeed in this job are:
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor Degree (S1) in Accounting, Economic, Science, or Engineering with at least 1 to 2 years of experience in Cost Control.
- Diploma Degree (D3) in Accounting, Economic, Science, or Engineering with at least 3 to 5 years of experience in Cost Control.